Immunology and infectious diseases
Summary of Research
We are interested in evolutionary aspects of immunology, sex differences in immune system regulation, and in infectious disease dynamics. We performed epidemiological mathematical modelling studies, as well as a systematic review and a meta-analysis to study the evolution of sex differences in immune system regulation and HPV vaccine response in both sexes.
We also investigated the long-term COVID-19 complications (long-COVID) in younger adults (<50 years of age) in a systematic review.
- Nicole Bender (https://www.iem.uzh.ch/en/people/clinicalevol/Nicole-Bender.html)
- Lafi Aldakak (https://www.iem.uzh.ch/en/people/clinicalevol/Lafi-Aldakak.html)
- Frank Rühli (https://www.iem.uzh.ch/en/people/dir/frankruehli.html)
- Kaspar Staub (https://www.iem.uzh.ch/en/people/anthroposcan/kasparstaub.html)
- Hanna Kokko (https://www.ieu.uzh.ch/en/staff/member/kokko_hanna.html)
- Patricia Schlagenhauf (https://www.ebpi.uzh.ch/en/aboutus/departments/publichealth/infdiseases/teaminfdiseases/schlagenhauf.html)
- Mäxi Foundation